QUESTION: What is Bagasse?
ANSWER: Bagasse is sugar cane fiber pulp that is left over after the juice has been extracted from the sugar cane stalk. Bagasse is normally seen as a waste product and is often burned, thereby causing air pollution. Making tableware out of the sugar cane pulp solves the problem of waste and as well creates a value added product from a material that is often treated as a waste product.
QUESTION: What are the benefits of using bagasse?
ANSWER: Bagasse is 100% compostable and it biodegrades in 60-90 days. Through the use of this product, you are contributing to a sustainable planet. Bagasse is a tree-free readily renewable resource and provides a superior alternative to petroleum derived products. It will biodegrade and will not stay in the environment for hundreds of years or more.
QUESTION: How long does Bagasse take to biodegrade?
ANSWER: The rate of decomposition depends on the composting conditions – the temperature, turnover rate, moisture, etc. Just like other compostable materials, products will biodegrade much faster if they are broken into smaller pieces. Bagasse tableware will biodegrade at the same rate as garden waste in a home composting system, which, depending on the home composting system, can be approximately 90 days. It will degrade faster in a commercial composting facility.
QUESTION: How well does bagasse handle heat?
ANSWER: Bagasse tableware will handle hot food and beverages up to 212 degrees. It is also microwave safe. However, the tableware does “sweat” with hot foods and some condensation will form at the bottom of the tableware with hot foods. Bagasse is both microwave and freezer safe.
QUESTION: How is Bagasse tableware manufactured?
ANSWER: Sugar cane fiber bagasse tableware is made by pressing the pulp at high pressure and temperatures to a mold form. It is sterilized and sanitized and conforms to FDA Administration guidelines.
The 6 Reasons Why You Would Prefer to Order From Us:
1. We are professional suppliers of green biodegradable tableware and related food packaging! Our manufacturing facilities have procured various industry standard professional certificates including ISO 9001, FDA-SGS, EN13432, ASTM6400, BPI, BRC, NSF, and VINTOTTE-OK Compost, amongst others. Copies and registration numbers of all industry certificates will be provided to customers upon request.
2. We offer you the best quality on the market! We have been in business for many years now so we have years of experience and a long line of great products behind us.
3. We not only offer you the best price, but we strive everyday in order to cut down our production cost to give you an even better deal than what we already have.
4. We have the best customer service team! We will reply your questions, inquiries or emails within 24 hours.
5. We have a huge selection of products! We offer varied designs and series of many of our product lines.
6. We have an excellent warranty policy!
We supply free samples, but will require you to pay the cost of air express shipping to your location through couriers such as DHL or UPS.
How to Pay:
1. Call us directly for accepted payment methods.
2. Delivery time: 15-40 days (depends on the order quantity and our production plan)
3. Shipping time: 15-35 days by sea (depends on your located port) or 5-10 days by air/express.